National Tour Association
Tempest Tours is a member of the National Tour Association who requires all members to:
- Be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and be duly qualified and licensed to do business in each jurisdiction which requires such qualification or licensing.
- Employ, in a senior management position, an individual who has been actively engaged in the business of packaged travel for at least three years.
- Provide statement/verification of financial stability in a form that is approved by and acceptable to NTA.
- Maintain comprehensive general public liability insurance, which covers the operations of a travel and tour company, with minimum limits of $1,000,000 USD with reputable insurance underwriting companies; a comparable, proven self-insurance program may be considered for meeting this requirement upon submission of an annual independent audit.
And any one of the following list of options:
- Professional liability, errors and omissions insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000 USD with a reputable insurance underwriting company.
- Hired/Non-owned auto/motorcoach liability insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000 USD with a reputable insurance underwriting company. (Tour Operators that own their vehicles/motorcoach(es) should maintain a separate automobile liability policy.)
- Minimum of three years in business as a tour operator.
- Automatically provide customers with trip protection insurance.
- Proof of escrow of funds.
- ISO 9001:2000 certification.
Please contact Tempest Tours with any questions.